Whether you want fish and chips or a five star meal, Hokitika has a restaurant or cafe to suit your tastebuds.
- Choose from places that are located on the beachfront or on the main streets, have outdoor seating and cosy couches near fires.
- Dine in or takeaway choices.
- Many offer a taste of West Coast Whitebait.
There are a number of fine dining choices in Hokitika. One of my favourites is Stations Inn Restaurant and Bar. http://www.stationsinnhokitika.co.nz/restaurant_and_bar.html
- Stations Inn Hokitika features an award winning restaurant offering a la carte dining. The award winning New Zealand cuisine is perfectly complemented by a full range of locally brewed Monteith’s beer and an excellent selection of quality New Zealand wines. Amazing sunsets from the restaurant area.
Trip Advisor review:
“Stunning setting, amazing food, fast and friendly service. Just a few minutes from Hokitika in the old gold mining area of Blue Spur.” https://www.tripadvisor.co.nz/Restaurant_Review-g255373-d725482-Reviews-Stations_Inn_Restaurant-Hokitika_West_Coast_Region_South_Island.html
- Stumpers Hotel on the corner of Revell St and Weld St has a large restaurant and bar. Broad menu to suit all tastes and budgets. An ever changing specials board including local dishes. Broad beer and wine selection. Perfect for groups, families with children or couples.Has a pool table.
My absolute favourite thing to do is grab some fish and chips and sit on the beach. There is no better place to eat dinner/lunch than by the sea watching the waves and, if you are lucky, an amazing sunset.
There are two fish and chip shops in Hokitika and both of them are excellent.
- Porky’s Takeaways is right at the entrance to the town on Weld Street. https://www.chipshop.co.nz/porkys-takeaways
Dulcies Takeaways is beside the river near Sunset Point. https://www.lonelyplanet.com/new-zealand/hokitika/restaurants/dulcies-takeaways/a/poi-eat/1246751/362780